Welcome to Health Coach and Image Coach International’s weekly E-zine, developed specifically for people who want to create better and healthier lives for themselves. Please feel free to forward this issue to friends, family and associates!
In 1835, a man in Florence, Italy, went to a doctor for a checkup. When the doctor asked if anything was wrong with him, the man replied, “I am filled with anxiety and exhausted from lack of sleep. I’ve been unable to eat and find myself isolated from even my closest friend.
After a thorough examination, the doctor concluded that the man was in excellent physical condition. He decided the man was probably just stressed out and needed to relax and have a good time. The doctor suggested that the man visit the circus that was in town then, and enjoy the hilarious antics of the star performer, a clown named Grimaldi. “You could relieve your anxiety by enjoying the fun and laughter that Grimaldi produces.”
“No, no,” replied the man, “he can’t help me. You see, I’m Grimaldi.”
Certainly as Plato once observed, “The cure of the part should not be attempted without the treatment of the whole. No attempt should be made to cure the body without the soul, and if the head and body are to be healthy, you must begin by curing the mind. In other words, we all need to be healed in the highest sense by taking care of our mind, body and spirit, and the first step, says r Deepak Chopra in his book Journey Into Healing, is to realize that this is even possible.
Yes, you can live a healthy, happy life, and be filled with positive energy… IF you decide to.
THIS WEEK'S LESSON:
Take responsibility for your own health and well-being by taking care of
your mind, body and spirit.
The expression “you are what you eat” is increasingly shown to be true. Every body cell is ultimately derived from food which provides all the components and energy we need for optimum health and energy.
Last article, I shared the Top 5 Beauty Foods. This week, I will share with you the Top 5 Energy Foods.
When you have high positive energy, you will have a new zest for life and be able to do more, be more and have more!
What fools indeed we mortals are
To lavish care upon a Car,
With ne'er a bit of time to see
About our own machinery!
~John Kendrick Bangs
THIS WEEK'S ACTION STEP
Here are the Top 5 (delicious) Energy Foods that I recommend you to add to your daily diet starting NOW:
1. Banana. Bananas are the ultimate healthy snack. It’s great for boosting energy levels as well as mental energy, being a source of the biogenic amines serotonin and dopamine, the building blocks of neurotransmitters in the brain. It also contains bufotenine which increases sex drive.
2. Broccoli. Contains protective phytonutrients, calcium as well as useful amounts of magnesium, vital for producing energy, for muscle function and nerve conduction. It also contains sulphoraphane, an antioxidant which has powerful anti-cancer properties.
3. Avocado. When ripe, avocados are almost a complete food, supplying lots of potassium, vitamins A and E, some B and C vitamins, and a little protein and starch. It’s also a rich source of skin-protective antioxidants, especially vitamin E. It’s good for the heart, circulation, anti-aging and for anyone suffering from stress or sexual problems.
4. Nuts and seeds – walnuts, brazil nuts, cashews, hazelnuts, pumpkin seeds. Nuts and seeds are a rich source of energy in the form of fatty acids. Walnuts also contains a significant amount of beauty-enhancing omega-3 fatty acids, plus antioxidants selenium and vitamin E. Most of the nuts and seeds are also good for enhancing circulation, and relieving stress and fatigue.
5. Olives. The high energy content of olives comes from fatty acids, principally oleic acid. It has a high antioxidant content based on vitamin E, carotenoids and polyphenols. A diet rich in olive oil has been shown to reduce the risk of coronary heart disease by 25%. Cold-pressed extra virgin olive oil is recommended.
All the foods listed in my last article for enhancing beauty also helps in giving plenty of positive energy – colostrum, berries, salmon, sweet potato and spinach. So, keep on enjoying the beauty and health foods, and you will be glowing with youth and vitality!
I'll see you next week!
If you want to lose weight, skip the bananas and avocado. For a healthy diet plan you can follow to lose fats, click here.