Welcome to Health Coach and Image Coach International’s weekly E-zine, developed specifically for people who want to create better and healthier lives for themselves. Please feel free to forward this issue to friends, family and associates!
It’s a great time to be YOU; thank goodness, we don’t have to strive for some impossible idea of what beauty is. I’m of the firm belief that each and every one of us is beautiful and attractive – or can be, should we choose to be.
The key to looking good – whatever your physical attributes, is radiant health and lots of positive energy. To achieve both is not as difficult as it’s made out to be. It simply starts with making a decision to follow a healthy lifestyle: Eat healthy and nourishing foods; do enough physical activity; have enough rest and learn to feel good about yourself. It’s not rocket science: most of us know it. It’s just that most have NOT made the decision to do it!
Today, I’m going to focus on healthy eating. As the saying goes, “You are what you eat.” Such a simple idea, yet so many people struggle to follow it. Instead, they would rather spend thousands of dollars trying to correct what problems they eventually face with their skin, weight and health.
Of course, it can’t be denied that genetics do play a role, but it’s also been proven that we can lend ourselves a helping hand as well by watching what we consume. My genes dictated that I would suffer greatly from skin acne in my teens; but by taking care of what I eat and my skin health, I am now blessed with clear skin. When I say “skin health” I am not just referring to the skincare we use on our face, although of course that’s important too. Remember, beauty comes from inside out. If you put junk into your stomach, it will show up in your skin and your weight.
THIS WEEK'S LESSON:
Love yourself: Eat well, treat your body well, feed your mind with good thoughts.
Indeed, true beauty and wellness emanates from within. I believe strongly in head-to-toe transformation; starts with the mind, right down to the feet, taking you where you want to go. It’s not enough just to KNOW what you have to do to look good, feel great; you’ve got to DO it!
So, stand tall. When you straighten your shoulders and put a smile on your face, you already look more elegant and appealing. Suck in your tummy and you look two kilograms slimmer. And then, say to yourself: My health and how I look is my responsibility; everyday, in every way, I will get better and better.
“People are like stained glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in, their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light within.” – Elizabeth Kubler-Ross
THIS WEEK'S ACTION STEP
Here are the Top 5 (delicious) Beauty Foods that I recommend you add to your daily diet starting NOW:
1. Colostrum. Start off your morning with a colostrum drink (I even use colostrum on my face!). In addition to being a great immune booster, colostrum has also been proven effective in slowing down the aging process because of the growth factors it contains.
For more information on how colostrum helps in anti-aging and skin health, click here.
2. Berries – blueberries, cranberries, strawberries and more. One thing that nearly all berries have in common is: they are great for rejuvenating both the heart and blood. They are also remarkable cleansing and purifying agents, and last but not least, have an abundance of anti-oxidants which help to neutralize free-radical damage in body tissues.
3. Salmon. Salmon is one of the best food sources of omega-3 fatty acids, which help to enhance our health and appearance by fighting inflammation, improving blood circulation and keeping the skin cells soft, smooth and supple.
4. Sweet potato. This humble tuber is an excellent source of beauty-enhancing beta-carotene, which is a powerful anti-oxidant. It also contains Vitamin A, minerals and fibre which is important for the body. In addition, it is also a source of phytochelatins which help in metal detoxification of body tissue.
5. Spinach. Does Popeye have great skin? Presumably so, as not only is this the vegetable of purported strength but also great for the skin and eyes. It is loaded with beauty-enhancing nutrients like beta-carotene, alpha=lipoic acid, vitamins C, E and B9 and minerals. Its exceptional lutein and zeaxanthin content keeps the eyes healthy and bright.
In my next article I will touch on some High Energy foods, so watch out for it! If you have any comments or queries, please write to me at email@example.com.
I'll see you next week!
For a healthy diet plan you can follow to lose fats, click here.